This simple and great way to cook sweet potatoes makes a great snack or side. The smoky spicy hit of heat combined with the subtle sweetness of the sweet potatoes work well together.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried hot red pepper flakes (more or less depending on your tastes)
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder(more or less depending on your tastes)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Stevia
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 425°F. Stir together spices, sugar and salt.
Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1-inch wedges. Toss wedges with oil and spices in a large roasting pan and roast in middle of oven 20 minutes. Turn wedges over with a spatula and roast until tender and slightly golden, 20 minutes more.