My friend turned me onto pigs in a blanket. She is such a wonderful hostess and always get raving reviews when she makes them for her get togethers. As a result, I started adding these to my easy repertoire.
Reduced fat crescent rolls and light turkey hot dogs are a match made in heaven. I made these for the holidays, but also evenings when we want a fast snack. These are also great snacks for a football game.
- Little Smokies Turkey sausage (Light)
- crescent roll reduced fat
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F according to directions on crescent roll reduced fat package.
- Unroll but leave intact 2 triangles of crescent rolls.
- Pinch seam together and cut lengthwise into 5 strips and then cross-wise to make 10 strips.
- Roll each strip around one turkey sausage and place in baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking oil.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, switching position of cookie sheets halfway through baking. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.