This was my first attempt to cinnamon swirl bread pudding and it was warm, fluffy, lightly sweetened and had a nice crust. I served the pudding with maple syrup and then later on a la mode with vanilla ice cream.
Adapted from All Recipe.com
- 6 slices day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.