I rarely make pastas with cream sauces since I prefer a good red sauce with a wine reduction. When I received the request to make pasta with lemon cream sauce, I was surprised and delighted by this fresh tasting pasta. The lemon cream has a nice tang and cheese flavor.
- 1/2 pound dried fettucine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + salt for cooking pasta
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Freshly ground white pepper to taste
Cook the linguine in a large pot of generously salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the cream, lemon zest and juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Add the cheese and butter. Stir constantly until the sauce thickens, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Drain the pasta. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Pour sauce over; toss to coat. Season with white pepper.