Inspired by Espresso Royale Caffe‘s toffee cookies, I decided to make oatmeal toffee cookies for my valentines. The chocolatey, caramel bits with buttery oats is a great compliment to a cup of tea. The oatmeal toffee cookies have a nice contrast between sweet and salty and I really enjoy the addition of the chocolate chips.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toffee baking bits
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with silpat.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla until smooth. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda, stir into the creamed mixture. Then stir in the rolled oats. Finally, stir in the chopped candy bar pieces and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets, and flatten slightly. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven.