Prepare 4 hours before serving and makes 12 servings
- 16 Oreo cookies (use regular size cookies)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners sugar, divided(must be sifted)
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 cup light cream (such as half and half cream, can use milk)
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
Prepare a 9-inch pan.
For the crust; finely crush 16 Oreo cookies in a processor; toss with melted butter or margarine. Press into the bottom of the pan; place in refrigerator while preparing the filling.
In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese with peanut butter until smooth. Add in 1 cup confectioners sugar and beat until combined and smooth. Fold in half of the thawed Cool Whip topping. Spread over the crust.
In another bowl beat the light cream or milk with chocolate pudding mix and remaining 1/2 cup confectioners sugar on low speed of an electric mix until combined and smooth, then fold in remaining Cool Whip topping. Cover and chill a minimum of 4 or more hours.