We love homemade oreos (try BMH’s recipe for Blood Orange Oreos). Very recently, our little sister turned us on to Birthday Oreos. Thanks sis!
In commemoration of Oreo’s 100th Year Birthday, we went on the hunt (Supermarket Sweep style) for this limited edition item. We could not find them at our local supermarket and convenience stores and even contemplated purchase them for double the price on Amazon. Fortunately, a friend got four boxes of them from a suburban Walmart and sent a picture of their successful trip.
These Birthday Oreo cheesecake brownies are unreal. A light birthday cake scent engulfs the cheesecake fudge brownies. It’s almost like a lighter version of Funfetti. I really enjoy the chocolate cookie bits and colorful sprinkles speckled throughout and wish they were not limited addition. There is a great texture from the different sizes, halves and quarters of Birthday Oreo cookies.
Lightly Adapted from Brown Eyed Baked
For the brownies:
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the cheesecake swirl:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
10 Birthday Oreo cookies, chopped in quarter, 5 Birthday Oreo cookies in halves
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan well or line with greased parchment paper.
2. Stir together butter, 1 cup sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Add eggs, beat well. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Lay the oreo haves onto the brownie batter.
3. Stir together the cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar with a spoon until smooth and well blended.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the cream cheese mixture in evenly-spaced dollops on top of the brownie batter. Using a dull knife or icing spatula, gently swirl the cream cheese mixture with the brownie batter. After swirling, gently push the cream cheese mixture down into the brownie batter. Gently stir in the top of the brownie pan the chopped Oreo quarters.