After sample stellar meatballs at Cafe 47 on Mass Ave, we wanted to make our own turkey meatballs. Although we have made Grape Jelly Turkey Meatballs, we have never tried to make our own Italian turkey meatballs. The result were a tender, flavorful meatball. Paired with a nice tomato sauce and garlic bread, we were in a good place.
Adapted from Gourmet
- cooking spray
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1 slice fresh bread, crusts removed, pulsed into crumbs or 1/4 cup corn starch (for those gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the broiler. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine the turkey with all other ingredients in a large work bowl. With a small ice cream scoop, form into 2 1/2 -inch balls and place on a glass pyrex dish. Broil for 10-15 minutes, or until browned and almost entirely cooked through.