More recently we tried a decadent batch of Double Bacon Mac and Cheese. The mac was super creamy, cheesy and had layers of crumbled bacon. Definitely not or everyday, but one of the most comforting and dishes that just hugs you when it is appropriate. Special thanks to Sharon Parsell for sharing these recipes.
Double Bacon Mac ‘n’ CHeese
- 1- 16 oz pkg. elbow macaroni
- 2 cans cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1.5 pounds sharp cheddar shredded (save 1 cup for top)
- 3 T butter, melted
- 1 pound bacon cooked crisp and crumbled (save out 1/4 cup for top)
- 2 scallions thinly sliced for top
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
Our friend loved the Chicken Divan. He has worked for L’Espalier (BMH’s review of L’Espalier, Back Bay), Sel De La Terre (BMH’s review of Sel de la Terre, Mandarin Oriental) and many other restaurants and has a discerning taste. He asked for this recipe as well! Creamy, melty and very comforting, the broccoli and chicken reminds us of an adult broccoli and cheese.
Chicken Divan (Chicken and Broccoli)
From Sharon Parsell
- 9×13 pan
- Chicken (amount doesn’t matter)
- Cook and boil and chicken and broccoli for topping
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup to each cup of mayonnaise
Layer broccoli->chicken->topping->shredded sharp cheddar of your choice and buttered croutons.
Bake 375 about 30 minutes. Everything in it is already cooked so you are really just heating it through and melting the cheese.