We wanted to make a thin egg white frittata filled with herbs de provence, a creamy cheese like our favorite pasteurized cheese from France, Kiri and some mini french bread toasts. The eggs were covered in tender baby spinach, creamy cheese and herbs de provence. We devoured this. So easy and good.
Adapted from Fitness Magazine
- 3-4 Pete and Gerry’s eggs whites (reserve yolks for another recipe)
- 2 wedges or squares of Laughing Cow Cheese or Kiri (From Groupe Bel) or 1/4 cup nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup baby spinach (whole or chopped)
- sprinkle of Herbs de Provence
- 2 slices of bread, toasted or slices of french bread
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray or butter
Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Whisk together the egg whites, cream cheese and herbs de provence.
Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray or add a half tablespoon of cutter and heat the skillet. Add the egg mixture and cook until it begins to set. Immediately add the spinach and salt and pepper. Cover with large bowl or pan cover. Cook thin frittata for about 2 minutes or until the eggs are completely set.
Slide the frittata onto plate and cut into wedges and serve with toasted bread.