Strawberry Baked Oatmeal is the perfect make-ahead breakfast. It has minimal prep and is perfect for busy mornings. The whole family will love this healthy strawberry recipe. It has the best flavor and taste.
Simple recipes like this are a great secret weapon to have on hand. One of my favorite things about this strawberry oats recipe is that you can eat it like a bowl of oatmeal or slice it into oatmeal bars for a grab-and-go snack.
All you need to turn this into more of an oatmeal mixture is the milk of your choice, a bowl, and a spoon - let the milk soak into the top of the oats, add a little drizzle of honey, and you'll have the best breakfast around.
This easy breakfast is one of those new recipes that you just have to try. It's perfect for an individual serving and a great way to create a healthy breakfast option for the whole family to enjoy.
- Old fashioned rolled oats - These will become nice and soft once they are baked.
- Whole milk - This helps to bind the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients together.
- Eggs - This is a great way to add protein.
- Sugar - You can use regular sugar and brown sugar to this recipe.
- Strawberries - Frozen or fresh strawberries work well.
- Vanilla extract - This is for added flavor.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add cooking spray to an 8X8 baking dish.
Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Place the pan in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
The mixture should no longer be jiggly.
You can use fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries for this great recipe. Juicy strawberries will release juice as they thaw and bake, so keep that in mind.
- Coconut milk - Instead of using milk, you can use coconut milk, plant-based milk, soy milk, oat milk, almond milk, or any other milk of choice.
- Sweetener - Try brown sugar, maple syrup, or honey in place of the sugar.
- Add toppings - Part of the fun of making this baked oats recipe is that you can add toppings to change the flavor. Shredded coconut is a great option, and adding other fresh berries works well, too. You can drizzle a bit of peanut butter across the whole dish as well.
- Change the fruit - Adding some bananas to this delicious breakfast can turn this into a strawberry banana baked oatmeal recipe easily. The sliced strawberries and the sliced bananas are a flavor sensation.
- Add sweetness - Adding pure maple syrup or honey to this dish is a great way to have added sugar without actually adding in a ton of extra sugar. Or mix in some white chocolate chips.
Check out this Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins recipe for another fun way to use oatmeal.
You'll need a large mixing bowl to make the oat mixture and a casserole dish.
This healthy baked oatmeal recipe makes a large portion, which means that you'll have some for the next day. Let the strawberry oatmeal recipe cool down to room temperature, and then store leftovers in an airtight container.
You can cut and store it in individual portions or store it as it is.
You can eat the leftovers warm or cold - depending on your preference. This is great to make ahead for meal prep!
You can add protein by scrambling some eggs and adding them to the side. I also think that a bowl of fresh fruit would be a great companion or even some plain Greek yogurt. All are great options.
You can. If you want to make this oatmeal bank into individual servings and use a muffin tin, go for it. Just be sure to spray the muffin tin so that the oats don't stick, and follow the rest of the recipe.
Pay attention to the baking time, as you might have to add more or less.
You can, and this is also a great way to add healthy fats to the recipe, too! Swap out the nonstick cooking spray and use coconut oil instead on the pan!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
- 1.5 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1.5 cup whole milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together all the ingredients. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until no longer jiggly.